Sunday 13 December 2009

At last we're open for business !

It's been a long hard slog but finally Fanny's Vintage Kitchenalia online store is open for business.
http://www.fannysvintagekitchenalia.com/  Spurred on by my love/obsession for all things retro, vintage and antique I have endured endless mind numbing hours of web design, html code and search engine optimisation advice. But I have to say now that the website is up and running it was all worth the effort. However if anyone were to ask "Do you know how to build a website?" I would say "No!" and leg it a.s.a.p.

The website is packed with Retro, Vintage and Antique Kitchenalia, Tableware, Linens, Glass, Decor, Silver, Collectables and a soon to open Boutique section. Have a look around and you might find just the thing for your retro, vintage style home or buy a  vintage gift for a friend .

Firstly I'd like to introduce you to the staff


Fanny on the chaise

Fanny, the inspiration for our name is a beautiful, slim, platinum blonde with the biggest brown eyes and a great pair of legs. She first showed an interest in vintage kitchenalia at the age of 3 when left alone in the house she would find herself one of my vintage cookery books and proceed to eat the pages one at a time. Depending on how long I was out of the house corresponded with how much of the book she left in tact for me when I returned. All  vintage cookery books are  now stored well out of her reach !

Now 9 yrs old Fanny prefers to play a more advisory role in the business and leaves me and my woman Friday Josie to do the donkey work.
Fanny's nod of approval is key to selecting the right products for the website. A thumbs up is an 'Ok I'm interested, what else you got' expression and a thumbs down usually results in her jumping off her chaise longue; from where she has been appraising the goods, and leaving the room!
Fanny is in the mould of the more petite and feminine stars of Hollywood in the 1930s and 40s a la Carole Lombard or Veronica Lake, and believe me she acts like one.

Next on the staff is Betty, younger sister to Fanny. Like Fanny Betty also shares a keen interest in vintage collecting. Her favourite vintage collectables are teddy bears and handbags; the softer and more chewable the better !
Betty is a redhead and a big built girl; its all muscle, she's quite a looker and has won a couple of 'best in shows' . When she's dressing to impress she often puts her red 'Show Champion' rosette behind her ear.
Betty is a curvy girl and reminiscent of the 1950s movie stars; I'd liken her to a red headed Jane Russell.
Betty works in our stores department where her natural physical talents for moving heavy boxes comes in handy.





Betty often needs a bonio to motivate her !


Next is Lulu, slim, delicate, raven haired and rather shy. With her sleek elegant profile she looks straight out of the Art Deco period. She's the youngest and the least confident and so spends her time under my desk making sure I'm getting on with my work and keeping my feet warm at the same time. In times of crisis and stress Lulu is my comfort blanket.




As I said Lulu is rather shy !


Then there's my best friend and right hand woman Josie. What Josie doesn't know isn't worth knowing basically! A mine of information, a lifetime of been there, done it, seen it and in terms of energy and get up and go she's the female equivalent of Sir Ranulph Fiennes!
Ace researcher and ferreter of vintage treasures she's an invaluable part of our litte team. Never seen without her trademark red lipstick and a variety of costume jewellery, she has the character of Miss Marple and the understated glamour of  Grace Kelly.

Last of all it's me ! Seldom seen with makeup or jewellery I'm the Ellie Mae of the team (Beverley Hillbillies !)
Jeans, wellies and a fleece are my trademark style, well someones got to give Fanny, Betty and Lulu their exercise!
I adore most things vintage, retro and antique and have done for as long as I can remember. I apply this passion and what knowledge I've gleaned through the years to give you as much information as possible about our products.

Due to the fact that neither I or Josie are as photogenic as the above beauties we have decided not to inflinct ourselves on you!  

Together we try hard to provide all our customers with the best  information  and service we can.
We hope you enjoy browsing our website and if we can help you in any way please use the 'Contact Form' on our
Contact Page to get in touch.

Keep reading our blog to keep up to date with Fanny's Vintage Kitchenalia.
http://www.fannysvintagekitchenalia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment